- Vision/Mission and HISTORY
The Union of Catholic University Students of The Republic of Indonesia (in Indonesia ; Perhimpunan Mahasiswa Katolik Republik Indonesia/PMKRI) is a nationwide social organization in Indonesia. PMKRI is a development organization which foundation Pancasila, imbued of Catholicism and encouraged of student.
Vision : Created of social justice, humanity and sincere fraternity.
Mission : Struggle to get involved and take side with the oppressed tier, through populist intellectual cadres who imbued of Catholicism to create of social justice, humanity and sincere fraternity.
PMKRI constitute fusion from KSV ( Katholike Studenten Vereniging) and The Federalisme of University Students of Republic of Indonesia (in Indonesia ; Perserikatan Mahasiswa Katolik Republik Indonesia/PMKRI) in Indonesia. There are St. Bellarmine Catholic student association (KSV) was the first Catholic student association, established in Batavia (now Jakarta) in 1928. In 1947, St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic student association (KSV) was founded in Bandung , West Java. And then the St. Lucas Catholic students association (KSV) was founded in Surabaya, East Java in 1948. And the last is The Federalism of University Students of Republic of Indonesia was founded in Yogyakarta in 1947. After following some meet and congress, these association fused an formed the PMKRI in Yogyakarta on 1947 with new name is The Catholic Union of University Students of the Republic of Indonesia (in Indonesia ; Perhimpunan Mahasiswa Katolik Republik Indonesia/PMKRI).
The decisions were produced ;
- PMKRI was founded in Yogyakarta on 25th May 1947
- PMKRI was located in location of National Board PMKRI.
- Four branchs founder PMKRI are PMKRI branch of Yogyakarta, PMKRI branch of Bandung, PMKRI branch of Jakarta and PMKRI branch of Subarabaya.
- In statute (ART) every branch of PMKRI have fasten a sentence, “ PMKRI is Federation KSV and PMKRI Yogyakarta have fused in 11th June 1951.”
- Thomas Aquinas is Patron Saint of PMKRI.
- PMKRI mottos’ is Religio Omnium Scientarium Anima.”
- Red purple (maroon) is color of PMKRI berets’ (right now specially for PMKRI branch of Bandung wear black beret)
- Fuse congress is first congress PMKRI.
- Second congress PMKRI would organized in Surabaya before December 1952.
- Period of administrator is one year (right now two years in a period of administrator)
- PP PMKRI (National Board PMKRI) was chosen as soon as establish new branches in Indonesia and coordinate with chairman of KWI.
- PK Haryasudirja in acclamation is chairman of Nation Board PMKRI (PP PMKRI) period 1951 -1952spiri
Base on decision, PMKRI was born on 25th May 1947 in Balai Pertemuan Gereja Katolik (right now; Widya Mandala) at Margokridonggo street, Kotabaru Yogyakarta. (right now Abubakar Ali).
Based on suggestion of Mgr. Albertus Soegijapranata, in 25th May 1947 coincide Pentecostal days’ chosen as the day of PMKRI born. His suggestion was accepted by founder of PMKRI. Mgr. Albertus Soegijapranata teach day of PMKRI born coincide Pentecostal days’; it is mean that symbol alight of third spirit from Most Holy Trinity is Holy Spirit to Catholic of University Students’ for gather and struggle with foundation of Catholic theory’s, defend and contribute in the independence Republic of Indonesia.
Founding father in each specific case organization (KSV and PMKRI);
- Gang Keng Soei (Ks Gani)
- Ouw Jong Peng Koen (PK ojong)
- PK Haryasudirja
- Delegate from each specific case organization (KSV dan PMKRI) – who unwrite in history.
Priests have a role ;
- Pater J Willekens, SJ. (Vicar of Apostolic Batavia )
- Albertus Soegijapranata, SJ.
- Pater Beek, SJ.
II BRANCHES OF THE CATHOLIC UNION OF UNIVERSITY STUDENTS OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA (PMKRI)
Office National Board of The Catholic Union of University Students of The Republic of Indonesia locatated at Dr. Sam Ratulangi street, Number 1, Menteng – Jakarta Pusat has 69 branches in Indonesia. Since was born in 1947 till 2016, PMKRI keep on improve to implementation vision and mission.
PMKRI has 13.800 members from 69 branches in Indonesia.
List of Branches as follows;
BRANCHES OF THE CATHOLIC UNION OF UNIVERSITY STUDENTS OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA
|NUMBER||NAME OF BRANCH||PROVINCE|
|3.||Atambua||East Nusa Tenggara|
|11.||Boa Wae||East Nusa Tenggara|
|14.||Ende||East Nusa Tenggara|
|15.||Fak Fak||West Papua|
|16.||Jakarta Barat||Dki Jakarta|
|17.||Jakarta Pusat||Dki Jakarta|
|18.||Jakarta Selatan||Dki Jakarta|
|19.||Jakarta Timur||Dki Jakarta|
|20.||Jakarta Utara||Dki Jakarta|
|26.||Kendari||South East Sulawesi|
|27.||Kupang||East Nusa Tenggara|
|28.||Larantuka||East Nusa Tenggara|
|27.||Langgur /Tual||North Maluku|
|36.||Mataram||West Nusa Tenggara|
|37.||Maumere||East Nusa Tenggara|
|42.||Ngada||East Nusa Tenggara|
|50.||Pematang Siantar Simalungun||North Sumatera|
|53.||Ruteng||East Nusa Tenggara|
|61.||Sorong Selatan||West Papua|
|65.||Tambolaka||East Nusa Tenggara|